Photos of the Day - Sundew Trail

Today my intern and I decided to take the day off from research activities and explore the Sundew Trail which winds through Schoodic point and has 3 diversions out onto the shores of West Pond Bay and the intertidal zone of the ocean. The large mountain in the background is Mount Desert Island where most of Acadia National Park is located.
I was originally planning on posting only one picture, but since the area is so diverse I just couldn't settle on just one picture that would capture all the things I experienced today.

Tidal Pool

Small Inlet

Baby Shrimp

Intertidal to Ocean, with Mount Desert Island in the background

1 comment:

Little Dickens Designs said...

Beautiful! This is the first time I've visited your blog and scrolling through the pics I though "this must be Maine" and had to go up and check. When you mentioned Acadia I knew I had it.